Tuesday 8 April 2008

April 8 2008

At long last a fine sunny day. Naturally therefore when I got the bike out of the shed I discovered that I had a puncture in the front wheel. I pumped it up hoping to get to the shop with it, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it stayed up, and has done all day. Since I checked the pressures and pumped up both tires yesterday I suspect that something went wrong with the wood's valve. Touching wood rapidly I have to say that I have always been extremely fortunate in not getting punctures. I don't think I can have had more than a dozen in the whole of my life which was once a very active cycling life indeed. I can never really believe that I once rode from Malvern to Ipswich, 180 miles, in one day. Nowadays I couldn't manage to be driven that far in a car!

Being a little worried about the wheel I didn't go very far but greatly enjoyed a ride along the seafront. Very flat of course but there was quite a brisk breeze blowing in my face, and yet again I loved the sensation of being able to stick my tongue out at it! A sunny sparkling sea that was somehow full of promise for good biking weather to come.

No comments: