Saturday 26 January 2008

Sat Jan 26 - 2008

I've been busy at home today and have only put on another 6 miles. They were very pleasant miles ridden one way against a strong headwind thus showing the bike's capability yet again. The additional power comes in so smoothly and unobtrusively that one can almost forget it. It's a tiny point but I love the fact that the freewheel ratchet is in the chain wheel. This makes adjusting the pedals at traffic lights without having to move the chain amazingly easy.The repaired prop stand works perfectly well but doesn't look very good on an impressive new bike. I am a little surprised not to have heard from 50 cycles yet.

7:45 - I've just been for a quick spin through the town to test out the lights. I had expected the hub dynamo to be efficient and it is. The electro gubbins that keeps the rear light on for some time if one stops is very useful, at traffic lights a godsend.

So day two ends. But another failure alas - not of the bike but of my saddle. There was a crack and the base split from end to end. I finished on a wing and a prayer and must reinstall the supplied saddle in the morning. I don't blame the saddle too much. At 17 stone I test these things rather thoroughly.

No comments: